Love Where You Live
The mission of Greater Homewood Community Corporation is to build and strengthen vibrant urban communities in north central Baltimore.
Established in 1969, Greater Homewood Community Corporation (GHCC) serves an expansive area collectively known as “Greater Homewood” that encompasses 45 diverse neighborhoods and accounts for nearly 13% of the City’s population. Our work centers on the pillars of vibrant urban living: safe streets, good and diverse quality housing stock, quality schools, and livability. We pursue a sense of common cause, where the well being of each Greater Homewood neighborhood depends on that of the others.
GHCC’s vision is that neighborhoods in north central Baltimore have:
- Safe and healthy environments.
- Quality and affordable housing options.
- Educational opportunities for all ages, including great public schools.
- Recreational and cultural amenities.
- Convenient mobility choices.
- Goods and services from responsible businesses that are integral to a strong, local economy.
- A strong sense of community and civic engagement.
- Diversity in age, race, faith, and economic status.
- Ecological sustainability.
Much like the neighborhoods we serve, each of our programs is interconnected and bolsters our holistic approach to fulfilling our mission. Read more about our work here.